(Trip in September 2018) Belawan/Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia Cruise Port
Located on the Deli River on the northeast coast of the island of Sumatra is the cruise port of Belawan, the second busiest port in Indonesia. About 120 miles from the port of Belawan is the site of a massive super volcanic eruption which is said to be the biggest volcanic blast ever known to man. Here, the world’s largest volcanic lake, Lake Toba lies in the middle of the northern part of Sumatra and serves as a haven of peace and tranquility for most tourists. Many scientists and world travelers hold fast to the belief that human population was reduced to about 30,000 inhabitants after the devastating eruption occurred over 70,000 years ago; regardless of the findings at the bottom of Lake Malawi which seem to prove otherwise. While cruising to Belawan in Sumatra, the sixth largest island in the world, you will encounter several old buildings in Medan still retaining their Dutch architecture in addition to some magnificent natural landscapes contributing to the extraordinary beauty that lies within.
- Offering small ship cruises and also expedition sailings where you travel to the far corners of the world like Antarctica, the Galapagos Islands and Micronesia to get in-depth in these remote locales.
- You never know what you’ll discover when you cruise to an exotic destination on a Silversea Expedition cruise. Maybe paradise, the Holy Grail or yourself?
- For decades Bali has lured visitors with its beautiful beaches, forests and mountains and a culture that is devoted to the arts.
- Silver Discoverer – Passenger Capacity: 128 Year Built: 1992 Last Refurbished: 2016
Silversea Cruises is a luxury cruise line which has been sailing the seven seas since 1994, offering you a luxury cruise experience with legendary service that will surprise and delight you. With six all-suite ships cruising to destinations from Alaska to the Amazonian Rainforest, you’ll have a collection of wonderful excursions to choose from to really get acquainted with your destination. This incredible all-inclusive line will bring 5-star service to you each time you step onboard.
When you sail with Silversea Cruises, your fare includes a variety of luxury amenities like gratuities, room service, select wines and spirits, fine dining and more. This means you can really relax with minimal out-of-pocket expenses!
ALL-INCLUSIVE LUXURY of SILVERSEA CRUISES:
- Intimate Ships for Only 296 to 540 Guests: Ocean-view suites (all with butler service), intimate lounges and open bars, exquisite restaurants, health spas, fitness centers and show lounges.
- All Oceanview Suites, Almost All with Private Verandas: Spacious suite accommodations that you can personalize to your liking with your choice of mattress, toiletries and more.
- Butler Service in Every Suite: All guests enjoy butler service in every suite, in any category.
- Gratuities Included: Experience top-notch personal service where gratuities are included in your fare, and tips are not expected. NOTE: Beauty salon and spa treatment gratuities are NOT included.
- Beverages In-Suite & Throughout the Ship: Select wines, premium spirits, specialty coffees and soft drinks are complimentary in all bars, lounges and dining rooms. Plus, your in-suite mini-bar is stocked however you choose (and replenished upon request).
- Gourmet Dining: Enjoy at least four innovative dining choices on every ship, each offering an extensive selection of complimentary wines. Silversea’s open-seating policy allows guests to dine at their leisure with whomever they please. NOTE: There is a reservation fee for Le Champagne and Seishin (Silver Spirit).
- 24-Hour Room Service & In-Suite Dining: Room service is always complimentary, and always available. You can also enjoy a private in-suite dinner served course-by-course from The Restaurant. NOTE: Selections from The Restaurant menu are available only during dinner hours.
- Transportation Into Town: Roundtrip transportation between the pier and downtown is provided in most ports.
Daily Itinerary :
|Date||Port||Arrival Time||Departure Time|
|9-Sep-18||Benoa (Bali), Indonesia||—||5:00 PM|
|10-Sep-18||Probolinggo, Indonesia||11:30 AM||11:00 PM|
|11-Sep-18||Sumenep, Indonesia||6:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|13-Sep-18||Krakatoa, Indonesia||1:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|15-Sep-18||Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia||9:30 AM||7:30 PM|
|16-Sep-18||Cruising||6:30 AM||8:00 PM|
|17-Sep-18||Cruising||6:30 AM||4:30 PM|
|18-Sep-18||Cruising||7:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|19-Sep-18||Banda Aceh, Indonesia||2:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|19-Sep-18||Sabang, Indonesia||8:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|20-Sep-18||Belawan/Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia||6:30 PM||—|
|22-Sep-18||Phuket, Thailand||5:00 PM||—|
Departing from :
Benoa (Bali), Indonesia
Ports of call :
- Benoa (Bali), Indonesia
- Probolinggo, Indonesia
- Sumenep, Indonesia
- Krakatoa, Indonesia
- Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Sabang, Indonesia
- Banda Aceh, Indonesia
- Belawan/Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Phuket, Thailand
Operator : Silversea Cruises