Garden of Eden 100 (Taman Eden 100) is a 40-hectare (100-ac) natural forest area at the height of 1,100 to 1,750 meters (3,609 to 5,741 ft) above sea level in the village of Lumban Rang Sionggang Utara, Lumban Julu District, Toba Samosir. It is 25 minutes from Paparat. To see it on the map, click here.
The Garden of Eden 100 teaches the importance of planting trees and flowers. It has over 100 species of plants. They include figs from Jerusalem and butternuts from the Amazon, to name a few. The flowers and other vegetation stand neatly. They include banyan, avocado, mango, and orchid. You are free to eat fruit in the garden. There are durian fruit, avocado, orange, guava, and so on.
There are three waterfalls in the garden. If you want to see firsthand the habitat of bats, see them at bat caves located by the waterfalls. There are camping grounds as well.
What to Enjoy
Here are some of the things you can enjoy at Garden of Eden 100:
- A waterfall: The park has a beautiful waterfall that is perfect for swimming and picnicking.
- A small lake: The park also has a lake that is surrounded by hills and forests.
- A cave: The park has a cave that is said to be inhabited by spirits.
- A zipline: The park has a zipline that offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- A camping ground: The park has a camping ground where you can stay overnight and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
What to Expect
The entrance fee to the Garden of Eden 100 ranges from Rp 3,000 to Rp 7,000 per person. The tariff has covered vehicle parking and access to several attractions. Visitors will also have the opportunity to plant trees and own them. The maintenance cost ranges from Rp 100,000 ($8) to Rp 300,000 ($16) per tree.
Here are some additional tips:
- Be respectful of the environment. Do not litter or damage the plants and animals.
- Support the local economy. The locals rely on tourism for their livelihood, so it is a good idea to support the local economy by buying souvenirs or food from local vendors.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking, especially if you are hiking or camping.
- There are a number of facilities available at Garden of Eden 100, including restaurants, shops, and accommodation. However, it is a good idea to bring your own snacks and drinks in case you get hungry or thirsty
Next point of interest: