Parbaba Beach is a white-sand and clear-water beach on Samosir. It takes 1 hour to get there from Tuktuk. It is a place to watch your kids splash in the water and soak in the sand. To see it on the map, click here.
Parbaba Beach is one of the most popular beaches on the island, known for its clear water, calm waves, and stunning views of Lake Toba.
Here are some of the things that make Parbaba Beach special:
- The sand: The sand at Parbaba Beach is white and soft, making it a great place to relax and sunbathe.
- The water: The water at Parbaba Beach is clear and clean, making it a great place to swim, snorkel, and kayak.
- The waves: The waves at Parbaba Beach are calm, making it a safe place to swim for people of all ages.
- The views: Parbaba Beach is located on a hilltop overlooking Lake Toba, giving visitors stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.
- The facilities: Parbaba Beach has a variety of facilities, including changing rooms, showers, restaurants, and water sports operators. This makes it a convenient and comfortable place to visit.
What to Enjoy
For those of you who like to play in the water, take the rides mentioned above. For others, just stay on the beach for sunbathing or relaxing. While sunbathing under the sunshine or hiding under a fancy tent, you can enjoy coconut drinks and some Batak culinary as well. The view and weather make this place special for family and group visits.
What to Expect
Weekends are the busiest times, but workdays also see tourists. Make sure you book the right accommodations by the beach. Otherwise, you will end up going to the public area of the beach only. The area also has restaurants, souvenirs, and tents, but it is less clean than the private beach where entrance is free.
Here are some tips when visiting Parbaba Beach:
- The beach is located about 1 hour from Tuktuk Siadong, the main town on Samosir Island. You can get there by car or motorbike.
- There is a small parking area at the beach.
- The entrance fee is Rp 10,000 (US$0.70) per person.
- Bring your own towel and sunscreen.
- Be careful when swimming, as there can be strong currents at certain times of the year.
- Be respectful of the local culture. Parbaba Beach is a sacred place for many people, so it is important to be respectful of the local customs and traditions.
Next point of interest: