Parbubu Soda Water is a natural soda thermal bath located at Parbubu Village, Tarutung, North Tapanuli. It takes 1 hour from Silangit International Airport to get there by car. To see it on the map, click here.
Parbubu Soda Water is the only soda spring in Indonesia. The water is warm, has bubble texture, tastes and smells similar to soda drinks. Special characteristics of the bath:
- The color of the water is almost red. The residents call it Aek Rara Tarutung (Tarutung Red Water)
- When you bathe in the water your body will foam and eyes sting (if exposed to splashes)
- The water is not sticky, unlike soft drinks
- Bathing there makes you feel fresh and light
- The water tastes a bit salty
What to Expect
The pond is a private property located in the open space near rice fields, only 10 minutes from Tarutung. The owner charges an entrance fee of Rp 5,000 ($0.40) per adult. The water may cause pain in the eyes. The pain won’t be dangerous and will fade away, but use eye drops if you want to remove it faster.