Taman Wisata Iman (Faith Travel Park) features 13 hectares (32 ac) of ritual sites representing all religions practiced in Indonesia. It is in the Sitinjo Village, Dairi, about 10 km (3.9 mi) from Sidikalang (capital city of Dairi Regency). To see it on the map, click here.
Taman Wisata Iman is special because it is a place where people of all faiths can come together to learn about each other’s religions and appreciate the diversity of Indonesia. The park also features a number of other attractions, such as a miniature of the Kaaba, a replica of Noah’s Ark, and a statue of Jesus Christ.
Here are some of the things that are special in Taman Wisata Iman:
- The diversity of religious representations: TWI is home to places of worship from six different religions, which is a rare sight in Indonesia. This makes it a great place to learn about different religions and to appreciate the diversity of the country.
- The beautiful scenery: TWI is located on a hilltop, which offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The park is also home to a number of gardens and ponds, which add to the beauty of the place.
- The peaceful atmosphere: TWI is a very peaceful place, which is perfect for people who want to relax and reflect. The park is also a popular spot for weddings and other religious ceremonies.
If you are interested in learning about different religions or if you are looking for a peaceful place to relax, then Taman Wisata Iman is a great place to visit.
What to Enjoy
There are many things to enjoy at Taman Wisata Iman. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit the places of worship: TWI has places of worship for six different religions, including a mosque, a church, a Catholic church, a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, and a Confucian temple. You can learn about the different religions and see the different architectural styles of the buildings.
- See the miniature of the Kaaba: The Kaaba is a cubical building in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which is the holiest site in Islam. There is a miniature of the Kaaba at TWI, which you can see and learn about.
- Visit the replica of Noah’s Ark: Noah’s Ark is a ship that was built by Noah to save himself, his family, and two of every kind of animal from a flood. There is a replica of Noah’s Ark at TWI, which you can see and learn about.
- See the statue of Jesus Christ: There is a statue of Jesus Christ at TWI, which you can see and pray to.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery: TWI is located on a hilltop, which offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. You can take a walk or a bike ride through the park and enjoy the scenery.
- Visit the gardens and ponds: TWI has a number of gardens and ponds, which are home to a variety of plants and animals. You can take a walk through the gardens and enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Have a picnic: There is a picnic area at TWI, where you can have a picnic lunch or dinner.
- Relax and reflect: TWI is a very peaceful place, which is perfect for people who want to relax and reflect. You can sit on a bench and enjoy the scenery or take a walk through the park.
What to Expect
Getting around the entire park would be a struggle because you will walk up and down the stairs quite a lot. Admission fee ranges from only Rp 2,000 to Rp 5,000 ($0.10 – $0.25) per person according to age. Opening hours: 7 am – 6 pm (every day).
Here are some tips for visiting Taman Wisata Iman:
- Be respectful of all religions: TWI is a place where people of all faiths come together, so it is important to be respectful of all religions.
- Dress appropriately: Visitors are expected to dress appropriately when visiting TWI. This means covering your shoulders and knees.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen: The weather in North Sumatra can be hot and sunny, so it is important to bring a hat and sunscreen when visiting TWI.
- Avoid visiting during the rainy season: The rainy season in North Sumatra can be from November to February. It is best to avoid visiting TWI during this time as the roads can be slippery and the paths can be muddy.
Next point of interest: