Tigaras is a village on the north-west shore of Lake Toba, about 31 kilometers (19 mi) northwest of Parapat, Simalungun. Tigaras is home to Tanjung Unta (Camel Cape) and some beaches. To see it on the map, click here.
This place offers the beauty of Lake Toba, the panoramic view of its forest, and the beaches. Directly facing the Samosir island’s promontory, Tigaras also has a port connecting the mainland with the island. You can get on the ferry to see Samosir during the day and then return to relax at Tigaras in the afternoon.
Here are some of the things that make Tigaras Village special:
- Stunning scenery: Tigaras Village is located on a beautiful stretch of coastline, with Lake Toba on one side and lush green mountains on the other. The views from the village are truly breathtaking.
- Rich culture: Tigaras Village is home to the Batak people, an indigenous ethnic group with a rich culture and history. Visitors to the village can learn about Batak culture by visiting traditional Batak houses and watching traditional Batak dances.
- Friendly people: The people of Tigaras Village are known for their warm hospitality and welcoming nature. Visitors to the village are always made to feel at home.
In addition to these things, Tigaras Village is also known for its:
- Fishing: Tigaras Village is a popular fishing spot, and visitors can fish from the shore or from boats.
- Beaches: Tigaras Village has a number of beautiful beaches, where visitors can swim, sunbathe, and relax.
What to Enjoy
What is special when we visit Tigaras? Tourist attractions in Tigaras with lake shore nuances are no less exciting than tourist attractions in other areas that also have lake shore nuances, namely Lake Toba.
Here are some of the things you can enjoy at Tigaras Village:
- Visit the Beaches. The Beaches in Tigaras are quite famous such as Garoga Beach and Paris Beach, you may have to visit.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Toba. A boat ride is a great way to see the village and the surrounding lake. You can also go fishing or swimming in the lake.
- Explore the village. The village is a beautiful place to walk around and explore. There are many traditional Batak houses to see, as well as a number of shops and restaurants.
- Learn about the Batak culture. The Batak people are a fascinating group of people with a rich culture. You can learn about their culture by, talking to the locals, or participating in one of the many cultural events that are held in the village.
- Enjoy the food. The food in Tigaras Village is delicious! There are many traditional Batak dishes to try, you can try a fish dish namely Nila Nanitombur.
What to Expect
Actually, Tigaras is a small town, choice of hotels is limited. Bring in excess cash due to the lack of cash machines in this area. There is no entrance fee to Tigaras Village. However, there may be fees for certain activities, such as boat rentals, and fishing permits.
Here are some other tips for visiting Tigaras Village:
- Be prepared for a bit of a walk. The village is located on a hill, so there is some walking involved.
- Be aware of your surroundings. The village can be crowded, especially on weekends, so be careful not to get lost.
- Be respectful of the local culture. Tigaras Village is a traditional Batak village, so be respectful of the Batak people and their customs.
Next interest point: