Explore Berastagi, Dokan, and Sipiso-Piso waterfall in a day. Berastagi is in the Karo Highlands that has two active volcanoes being Mount Sinabung and Mount Sibayak. Visit the fruit market there, where you can buy high-quality fresh fruit. Berastagi is an exporter of quality agricultural products to many countries including Singapore and Australia. Then explore Dokan, the traditional Karo village with authentic houses each still occupied by eight families. Make your final stop at Sipiso-Piso waterfall where you can swim in the clear and freshwater pond and enjoy the incredible view of Lake Toba. Highlights:
- Ideal for families
- Perfect for all ages and skill levels
- Private tour with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexible pick up (Medan, Parapat, Sidikalang, Pematangsiantar, or Balige)
- Adults US$ 73/person
- Children US$ 62/person (aged 5-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned)
- Entrance tickets
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- Stops for sightseeing at your request during tours
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send an email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 4 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive by 8 am
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled arrival, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the arrival. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, a portion of which may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your hotel in Medan, Parapat, Sidikalang, Pematangsiantar, Berastagi or Balige at 8 am. If you are arriving by plane on the same day of the tour, please book your flight to KNO or DTB and arrive by 8 am.
We will drop you off at your hotel in your city of departure or in Berastagi on the same day.
8:00 am Depart. Begin your ride along the fascinating route through the jungle to the mountain village of Berastagi in the Karo Highlands.
10 am - 11. 00 Spend time in Brastagi. In Berastagi you can view two active volcanoes, the Sibayak and the Sinabung. Berastagi was a famous mountain resort because of its pleasant cool climate during the colonial times.
11:15 am - 11:45 am Visit the Berastagi colorful fruit market. Brastagi has volcanic fruitful soil which is ideal for growing fruits like passion fruit, mangistan, Solanum Betaceum which is locally called Terong Belanda, oranges, and a variety of flowers.
11:45 am– 1:00 pm Drive to Dokan. Stop for lunch on the way. The traditional village of Dokan features traditional Karo houses where people still live. In these traditional houses, named Djambur, 8 families occupy one house. Cattle, pigs and water buffaloes live below the house. You can visit a house and see their way of life.
2:00 pm Drive to Sipiso-Piso Waterfall. You will drive to Sipiso-Piso waterfall via beautiful rural scenery of the Karo Batak Highlands. The Sipiso-Piso is an impressive waterfall flowing into Lake Toba. From here you have beautiful views over the northern part of Lake Toba, the largest crater lake in South East Asia.
3:00 pm Return. You will be on the road back to hotel, arriving around 6:00 pm (depending on hotel location).
Note: time in the itinerary may vary depending on the traffic/route.