Discover a new side of Indonesia that you’ve never seen before! Explore Sumatra’s major metropolis on this exciting day tour to the city of Medan. Known for its cultural diversity and trade industry, Medan is easily an oasis for travelers who are seeking for new adventures and experiences. One of the things that make the city stand out is its unique food scene. On this tour, you will get to visit a number of local restaurants, cafes, and delicacy gift shops and aside from that, you’ll stop at Medan’s famous landmarks such as the historic Tjong A Fie Mansion, the royal Maimun Palace, Medan Grand Mosque, Cemara Asri Monastery, and Chinatown.
While visiting these places you’ll be able to see various architectural influences from the colonial-era and art deco styles of the Dutch, Chinese, and Sultanate era; a great example of this is the Grand Mosque, designed by the Dutch architect Theodoor van Erp, which required various building materials like marble and stained glassed to be imported from Italy, Germany, China, and France. By the end of the tour, you have the option to taste the famous the city’s tropical exotic fruit ‘Durian’ at a local hawker before heading back to your hotel..
- Adults: US$ 73/person
- Children: US$ 62/person (aged 5-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- Stops for sightseeing at your request during tours
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send an email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The tour covers several religious sites, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled arrival, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the arrival. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, a portion of which may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport or your hotel in Medan.
- 08.00 Depart from airport/hotel in Medan
- 09.00 Visit Tjong A Fie Mansion
- 10.00 Visit city center to sightsee the old buildings
- 11. 00 Stroll around Maimun Palace and Medan Grand Mosque
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Visit Annai Velangkanni Catholic Church
- 14.00 Visit Cemara Asri Monastery and Chinatown
- 16.00 Return to hotel/airport in Medan
Note: the actual timetable may vary depending on traffic of the day. Some parts of the city may be congested at certain hours so a reroute may be necessary.