This 3-day package is perfect for nature and animal lovers who are keen to explore the lush green rainforest of Gunung Leuser National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the northern Sumatera, to see the numerous birds, plants, and rare mammal species such as gibbons, Sumatran serows, Sambar deer, and leopard cats. Located alongside the banks of Bohorok river, Bukit Lawang offers a relaxing atmosphere with endless jungle trails of promising adventures and wildlife encounters.
North Sumatra is home to vast rainforests, exotic wildlife, towering volcanoes, and scenic waterfalls gushing down into verdant valleys. The northern riverside town of Bukit Lawang has a well-known orangutan rehabilitation center. Dubbed as the Paris of Sumatra, Dutch colonial architecture has been preserved in Medan, the capital of this province. Highlights:
- Adults/children: US$ 315
- All taxes and handling charges
- Airport pick up/drop off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicle)
- 2-night accommodation (twin or double room for 2 people)
- Entrance tickets
- Camera fees (1 camera per person)
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Licensed guide (English speaking) during trekking
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner (available for order on site)
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic beverages, meals for dinner, room service, etc
- Services not mentioned as being included
- Handycam/video camera license (US$12 for each entry, payable directly to the National Park officials, subject to change without any prior notice)
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Accommodation included is Sumatran standard guesthouses with western toilet and either shower or traditional wash with bucket and scoop, hot water available at certain times of the day.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- There may be other participants in the tour (to make up a small group)
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
Our driver will drop you off at the airport or hotel in Medan.
Day 1: Medan - Bukit Lawang
Meet your guide upon arrival in the morning at Medan’s Kualanamu International Airport, then drive to the city for a short briefing and a city tour. After the city tour, your journey will continue onto Bukit Lawang, one of the primary access points to the incredible rainforest of Gunung Leuser National Park, passing through the plantations with the Bukit Barisan on the horizon. We will arrive in Bukit Lawang to check-in at the lodge and the rest of the afternoon is up to you. An overnight at Bukit Lawang Ecolodge or other similar-level resorts.
Day 2: Bukit Lawang Trekking
Wake up to the sounds of nature and the symphony of the jungle, and get ready to embark on a jungle exploration in the National Park (4 to 5 hours of trekking) after breakfast. Guided by a local professional ranger, you will start walking uphill through the shades of extensive rubber plantations following trails along thick shrubs. Observe the abundant wildlife as you make your way through the dense jungle with an adequately crafted path to follow. The sight of orangutans swinging through the trees will surely be unforgettable. Return to your lodge on an inflatable tube down the river rapids. Enjoy lunch at the lodge’s Kapal Bambu restaurant. Spend overnight at Bukit Lawang guest house.
Day 3: Bukit Lawang - Departure Medan
Guest house checkout in the morning, Afterwards, you will be escorted directly to the airport for your return flight with wonderful memories to take back home.