Explore faith tourism in North Sumatra by visiting Berastagi, Taman Wisata Iman (Faith Travel Park), Parapat, Tarutung, and Pematangsiantar. Berastagi is in the Karo Highlands where plantation and farming grows. Its green landscapes spoil the eyes. The Cave of Maria is an example of attractions in the Faith Travel Park, where various religions meet in harmony. Parapat is famous for lakeside sports and beach activities (mainly water sports like skiing, kayaking, and canoeing) as well as for its historic buildings. Tarutung is notable as a beautiful valley that hosts weavers who produce quality ulos (typical Batak cloth) for souvenirs. Pematangsiantar is a city between Medan and Parapat where you can visit the giant statue of Dewi Kwim In, the daughter of a cruel king. Come to hear her story directly from the locals. Highlights:
- Adults: US$ 141/person
- Children: US$ 135/person (aged 5-18 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- 2-night accommodations in 3-star hotels or equivalent
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am
- Accommodation included is Sumatran standard guesthouses with western toilet and either shower or traditional wash with bucket and scoop, hot water available at certain times of the day.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the original departure point.
Day 1: Medan - Berastagi - Cave of Maria (L, D)
Upon arrival at Kualanamu International Airport, you will be picked up by our representative, then escorted to the restaurant for lunch. After lunch, you will travel to Berastagi via Green Hill, stopover at Pagoda Temple called Lumbini Natural Park. The temple is the highest gold pagoda in Indonesia and second highest among the Shwedagon Pagoda replicas in the world. Then pass through Peceren and Cave of Maria where you can perform the Way of the Cross and recite the Rosary Prayer. Have dinner at a local restaurant. After the meal, transfer to hotel for rest. Check in the hotel at Berastagi. You have free time afterward.
Day 2: Berastagi - Taman Wisata Iman - Parapat - Tarutung - Parapat (B, L, D)
After breakfast, check out hotel. Then the journey continues towards Taman Wisata Iman in Dairi. There is a gate of four pillars of religions in Indonesia in the park, which symbolizes the beauty of coexistence in the country. See a miniature of the Kaaba in the Islamic religious complex. There is also a barrage of religious miniatures of Buddhists, Christians, Hindus in the valley and pine forest. Then proceed to Tarutung. Upon the arrival at Tarutung, climb to the Cross of Love for about 30 minutes. The cross is a spiritual sight made to commemorate the services of Dr. Ingwer Ludwig Nommensen, the Christian missionary from Germany. He started his mission in the land of Batak. Then we return to Parapat. Enjoy the dinner at a local restaurant. Then check in the hotel in town. You have free time after the meal and check-in.
Day 3: Parapat - Pematangsiantar - Kualanamu Airport (B, L)
After breakfast, check out the hotel. Then the journey continues to Medan via Pematangsiantar. Stop by visiting the Franciscan Fostering house called Nagahuta. Have lunch at a local restaurant. Then proceed to Kualanamu airport for your departure.