The island is famous for ancient megalithic objects such as Stone Chairs of King Siallagan, Tomb of King Sidabutar, Sigale-gale puppet dance at the Huta Bolon Simanindo Museum, Ambarita village, Tomok souvenir market, and more. Berastagi is the place to enjoy the cool air and panoramic view of the highlands. View up close two mountains, i.e., Mount Sibayak and Mount Sinabung. Both are favorite hiking targets. Highlights:
- Samosir Island
- King Sidabutar Tombstone at Tomok
- Siallagan Stone Chairs at Ambarita
- Simarjarunjung Hill
- Pematang Purba
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Gundaling highland
- Adults: US$ 316/person
- Children: US$ 299/person (aged 5-18 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- 3-star accommodations, including breakfast
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir Island
- Entrance tickets
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Meals (lunch, dinner)
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport or your accommodation in Medan. Book a late evening flight from Kualanamu International Airport if you depart on day 3.
Day 1 Medan - Parapat
Meet up at Kualanamu International Airport. Please see your name on the paper. Our driver will take directly to Parapat via Pematangsiantar in an approximately 4 hours drive. Take rest at Pematangsiantar and visit Dewi Kwan In Temple. After arriving at Parapat Lake Toba, check in the hotel at Parapat. You have free program after the arrival (already in the evening).
Day 2: Parapat - Samosir - Berastagi
8:00 am After Breakfast, go Samosir Island to catch the ferry schedule at 8:30. Upon arrival at Samosir Island, you will visit Sigaruntung Panoramic Hill, King Sidabutar Tombstone at Tomok, Sialagan Stone Chair, and Sibolaji white sand beach at Samosir island. After finishing the Samosir Island tour, then go to Berastagi Highland, waiting for ferry queue at Simanindo Harbour or Tomok Harbour regarding driver arrangement. Take Rest at Simarjarunjung Hill to see Samosir Island north view. On the way to Berastagi, we visit King Palace at Pematang Purba and the famous Sipiso-Piso Waterfall. After arriving at Berastagi, we visit Berastagi Traditional Fruit Market “Pasar Buah Berastagi” and Gundaling highland to see Mount Sibayak and Mount Sinabung from the top. Check in the hotel in Medan city. Free program after dinner.
Day 3: Berastagi - Medan
After Breakfast then we go Medan City to visit recommended places around Medan Vihara Gunung Timur, the Buddha’s biggest temple in the city. They also include Shri Mariamman Hindu’s Temple; Chong A Fie (an old Chinese house), Shopping Centre Point, and Pajak Ikan Lama (traditional fabric market). Go directly to Kualanamu International Airport. Optional program: buy souvenirs, buy durian at Ucok Durian, buy Lapis cake or Bika Ambon cake.