Explore 4D3N Medan joint tour and get to see the best parts of Medan and Lake Toba. In Medan, visit Maimun Palace, Grand Mosque (alternatively, Velankani Church, Belazi Temple, or Cemara Chinese Temple), Merdeka Walk, Fish Market, Medan Mall, and Sun Plaza. On Lake Toba, tour the following attractions:
- Gundaling Hill to see Mount Sibayak and Mount Sinabung
- Samosir Island
- Pematang Purba (the ancient King’s Palace of Simalungun)
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Simarjarunjung Hill
- Tomok Village
- Ambarita Village
- Adults/children: US$ 123/person
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodation based on twin share or triple share, 3-star hotels
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner)
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Meet & greet service at airports
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- Airport pick up and drop off (US$ 25/person/trip)
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- It is a group tour with a minimum of 16 participants.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In such event, we will offer you an alternative or full refund.
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the Centre Point Mall lobby (across Medan Railway Station) at 9 am. Please make your way to the departure point (see it on the map here) by 8.20 am.
We will drop you off at the original departure point.
Day 1: Medan - Berastagi (L, D)
Meet and greet between 8.30 am and 9 am at the meeting point. Then start the tour of Medan to visit Maimoon Palace (Istana Melayu Deli) and shop at Batik House. Transfer to a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch, depart for Berastagi - a mountainous resort with refreshing weather and magnificent scenery. It has an abundance of flowers, vegetables, and fruits. On the way, visit Gundaling hill to see the views of two active volcanoes, i.e., Mount Sibayak (2.172 m above sea level) and Mount Sinabung (2.417 m above sea level), and visit Brastagi Fruit market. Check in the hotel in Berastagi. Dinner will be served at the hotel or local restaurant.
Day 2: Berastagi - Parapat - Samosir Island (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, depart for Parapat. On the way, stop at Pematang Purba (the ancient King’s Palace of Batak Simalungun), Sipiso-Piso waterfall, and Simarjarunjung hill. Arrive in Parapat, then lunch at a local restaurant at Parapat. After lunch, embark on the Samosir island excursion by motorboat. Visit Tomok village to see the tombs of Toba Batak King “Ompu Sidabutar” and Ambarita village to see the traditional Batak village with ancient megalithic furniture. Then check-in the hotel on Samosir Island. Have dinner at the hotel.
Day 3: Parapat - Medan (B, L, D)
Have breakfast at the hotel, then continue the journey to Medan via Tebing Tinggi. Drive along the road that offers an endless view of rubber, oil palm, and cocoa plantations en route. Stop at Pematangsiantar for shopping of local products such as smashed peanut called "Ting Ting," "Teng Teng," etc. Arrive in Medan, then lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch in Medan, return to city tour and shopping. Visit Al-Matshun Grand Mosque or the Chinese Temple of Gunung Timur. Afterwards, continue with shopping around Medan city, including Pasar Ikan market and Medan Mall. Check in the hotel in the afternoon. Dinner will be served at the hotel or local restaurant. Enjoy your nightlife in Medan.
Day 4: Hotel - Airport (B)
Have breakfast at the hotel and check out. You have free time before you have to transfer to the airport for your flight back home.