Berastagi is the town famous for its elevated panoramic view and weather, in addition to fruit shopping. Simalem boasts not only a natural scenery of pine forest and Lake Toba, but also a well-integrated park including a hotel and resort, a fruit garden, an animal garden, a flower garden, outing and camping grounds, a temple, flying fox bridges, cliff climbing prototypes, and a golf course. Samosir island is the center of the Toba Batak culture. Many traditional houses, artifacts, and ancient relics are also there. You can see the island’s unique and fascinating Batak heritage in its clusters of tribal houses with roofs that curve upwards like buffalo horns, white-washed churches that dot the landscape, and ancient stone tombs and monuments. Highlights:
- Lumbini Natural Park
- Gundaling Hill
- Taman Simalem
- Samosir Island
- Tomok Village
- Tomb of King Sidabutar
- Ambarita Village (Stone Chairs of King Siallagan)
- Adults: US$ 350/person
- Children: US$ 325/person (aged 5-18 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- 1 night of accommodation at Berastagi and 1 night on Samosir Island in 3-star hotels or equivalent
- 1 night of accommodation in a 4-star hotel at Simalem
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as indicated in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 4 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Your package includes the Simalem park entrance fees on Day 2. You will need to pay for any individual program you are participating there.
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan. If you travel from overseas, you must arrive at Kualanamu International Airport in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport or your hotel in Medan or Siborongborong. You can depart from Kualanamu International Airport in Medan or Sisingamangaraja XII Internatioanl Airport at Siborongborong.
Day 1: Medan – Brastagi (L, D)
Arrive at Kualanamu Airport, meet your tour guide, and transfer to Berastagi to visit Lumbini Natural Park, Berastagi fruit market, and Gundaling Hill. See the beautiful view of two mountains, Mount Sinabung and Mount Sibayak, from a distance. The former has the altitude of 2,460 meters above sea level and latter has the altitude of 2,090 meters above sea level. Check in to the hotel at Berastagi for dinner and rest.
Day 2: Berastagi – Taman Simalem (B, L, D)
After breakfast, transfer to Taman Simalem Resort. Check in the hotel upon arrival. Enjoy the view of the amazing landmarks of Lake Toba. You have a free time for the full day, during which you can participate in the programs provided by the resort. Click here to see them. Enjoy BBQ dinner at night (optional). The park entrance fees and the dinner have been included in your tour package. You will need to pay for the individual program you are participating.
Day 3: Taman Simalem – Samosir Island (B, L, D)
After breakfast, transfer to Parapat. Proceed to Samosir Island by ferry. Visit Tomok Village, in here you can see the Tomb of King Sidabutar which been made from carved stone since hundreds of years ago. Then visit Ambarita Village to see the ancient Stone Chairs of King Siallagan. Here is the place where the Batak of Ambarita practiced a form of cannibalism. When the enemy was captured, the elders would invite the rulers of neighboring villages to a conference, to determine the fate of the suspect. He is held behind bars under one of the houses until his execution. Transfer to hotel for check in and take a rest.
Day 4: Samosir Island – Prapat – Medan (B)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport (Kualanamu or Sisingamangaraja XII) for departure to your hometown.