- Samosir Island
- Tomok Village (Tomb of King Sidabutar)
- Ambarita Village (Stone Chairs of King Siallagan)
- Taman Simalem Resort
- Ajibata Beach
- Simarjarunjung Hill
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Lumbini Natural Park
- See the magnificent Lake Toba
- Visit culture and history-rich Samosir Island
- Stay overnight at and explore the attractions of Simalem
- Amaze yourself with the sharp Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Enter into the antique Maimoon Palace
- Shop at Medan Mall
- Adults: US$ 300/person
- Children: US$ 240/person (aged 2-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star hotel or equivalent)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as specified in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Meet & greet service at airports
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals that are not set out in the itinerary
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 4 participants
- Other participants may join your trip if you book for less than four people.
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at Silangit International Airport. Make sure you book the flight to this airport.
We will drop you off at the Kualanamu International Airport or your hotel in Medan. If you fly back home at the end of the tour, make sure you depart from this airport.
Day 1: Arrival on Lake Toba - Parapat, Samosir Island (Lunch, Dinner)
Upon arrival at Silangit International Airport at Siborong-borong, you will meet our professional English-speaking tour guide. You will ride for a 2-hour journey to the town of Parapat in the comfort of our private vehicle. Parapat is located right on Lake Toba and is the gateway to Samosir Island, a large volcanic island situated in the middle of Lake Toba.
After lunch, you will leave Parapat for Samosir Island. Once you reach the island, you will first visit Tomok Village where you can see the ancient tomb of King Sidabutar. Next, you will visit Ambarita Village to see the famous stone chairs and execution place of King Siallagan. You could wander around the villages to learn more about the history and culture of the Batak people. You will also have the opportunities to practice your bargaining skills with the local sellers to purchase some souvenirs for your loved ones.
In the afternoon, you will proceed for check-in at the selected hotel. Later in the night, you’d be having dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.
Day 2: Samosir Island - Taman Simalem Resort (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
After your hearty breakfast at the hotel, you will take a passenger ferry for a 45-minute cruise across the magnificent Lake Toba to Ajibata Beach. From the beach, you will continue your program to Taman Simalem Resort.
On the way there, you will stop at Simarjarunjung Hill for some ginger tea and fried bananas (at personal expenses) while enjoying the breath-taking view. Our next stop will be at the majestic 120-meter-tall Sipiso-Piso Waterfall. At this point, you will also be able to see a magnificent view of Lake Toba from another angle.
We will proceed to check in once we arrive at the Taman Simalem Resort. Spend the rest of the evening exploring and enjoying many attractions inside the famous resort. Dinner will be at the resort.
Day 3: Taman Simalem Resort - Berastagi - Medan (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
First thing at dawn, you can catch the breath-taking sunrise at One Hill. Have your breakfast at the hotel and prepare for your trip to Medan.
You will stop at Lumbini Natural Park to visit a Buddhist Temple that is a replica of the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Myanmar. You will also be able to do some sightseeing in the compound’s vast gardens.
Once you reach Medan city, you will visit the unique Velangkanni Church, also known as Our Lady of Velangkanni. Subsequently, you will visit the 120-year-old Maimoon Palace. You will then refill your stomach at a local restaurant (personal expenses) before proceeding with remaining tour programme.
After lunch, you will stop by a local Batik Center and traditional local market (Pasar Ikan Lama) for some textile shopping. You will also get to visit one of the shopping malls for even more shopping.
At the end of the tour, we will check in at the hotel. Dinner will be at a local restaurant. You will then have the rest of the night to explore Merdeka Walk, City Hall, and other points of interests.
Day 4: Medan - Airport (Breakfast)