Explore Lake Toba and Medan. Spend 1 night at Parapat, 1 night at Berastagi, and 1 night in Medan City. Highlights:
- Samosir Island
- Simarjarunjung Hill
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Lumbini Natural Park
- Visit the magnificent Lake Toba
- Explore mountainous Berastagi and its fruit market
- See culture and history-rich Samosir Island
- Amaze yourself on the sharp Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Enter into the antique Maimoon Palace
- Shop at Medan Mall
- Adults: US$ 230/person
- Children: US$ 140/person (aged 2-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star hotel or equivalent)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as specified in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Meet & greet service at airports
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals that are not set out in the itinerary
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 4 participants
- Other participants may join your trip if you book for less than 4 people.
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In such event, we will offer you an alternative or full refund.
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport of your hotel in Medan.
Day 1: Arrival in Medan - Parapat Town, LakeToba (Lunch, Dinner)
Upon arrival at Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan, you will meet our professional English & Indonesian-speaking tour guide. You will start your 4D3N tour with a 3-hour journey to the town of Parapat in the comfort of our private vehicle. Parapat is located right by Lake Toba and is the gateway to Samosir Island.
On the way to Parapat, you will stop at a local souvenir and snacks shop to purchase unique local products such as Teng Teng and Ting Ting. Lunch will be at a local restaurant.
Once you arrive in Parapat, you will proceed for check-in at the selected hotel. Later in the night, you’d be having dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.
Day 2: Parapat - Samosir Island - Parapat - Berastagi (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
After your sumptuous breakfast at the hotel, you will take a passenger ferry for a 45-minute cruise across the magnificent Lake Toba to Samosir Island. Samosir Island is a large volcanic island situated in the middle of Lake Toba.
Once you reach Samosir Island, you will first visit Tomok where you can see the ancient tomb of King Sidabutar. Next, you will visit Ambarita to see the famous stone chairs and execution place of King Siallagan. You could wander around the villages to learn more about the history and culture of the Batak. You will also have the opportunities to practice your bargaining skills with the local sellers to purchase some souvenirs for your friends or families.
On the way to Berastagi, we will stop at Simarjarunjung hill for some ginger tea and fried bananas (at personal expenses) while enjoying the breath-taking view. Your next stop will be for the majestic 120m-tall Sipiso-Piso Waterfall. At this point, you will also be able to see a magnificent view of Lake Toba from another angle.
The moment we arrive in Berastagi, we will visit the famous Berastagi Fruit Market to buy some tropical fruits such as passion fruits, avocados, mangos, and much more. You could also get souvenirs and extremely cheap clothing.
Check in at your hotel. You will be having dinner at the hotel’s restaurant as well.
Day 3: Berastagi - Medan (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
After breakfast at the hotel, you will ride back to Medan. You will stop at Lumbini Natural Park to visit a Buddhist Temple that is a replica of the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Myanmar. You will also be able to do some sightseeing in the compound’s huge garden and fields.
Once you reach Medan city, you will visit the unique Velangkanni Church, also known as Our Lady of Velangkanni. Subsequently, you will visit the 120-year-old Maimoon Palace. You will get the chance to refill your stomach at a local restaurant (personal expenses) before proceeding with the remaining tour program.
After lunch, you will drop by at a local Batik Center and traditional local market (Pasar Ikan Lama) for some textile shopping. You will also get to visit one of the local shopping malls for even more shopping.
You will check in at the hotel at the end of the day tour. Dinner will be at a local restaurant. You will then have the rest of the night to explore Merdeka Walk, City Hall, and other points of interests in Medan.
Day 4: Medan - Airport (Breakfast)