This 5-day tour of Tangakahan and Bukit Lawang is the most exciting Lake Toba tour package. Highlights:
- Ride the Sumatran elephants in the jungle!
- Float down the crystal clear river!
- Go jungle trekking and meet orangutans!
- Soak yourself in a hot spring!
- Learn how to care for the elephants and orangutans!
First, you will explore Tangkahan, the hidden paradise of Sumatra. Although the area is quite secluded, you still have access to delicious food and comfortable bungalows. Tangkahan offers many exciting attractions such as elephants and elephant riding, crystal clear rivers, and the vast wild jungle itself. An eco-tourism based community against illegal logging controls the Tangkahan jungle. It’s objective is to improve livelihood and develop a sense of local pride along the way. Second, you will explore Bukit Lawang. It is one of the most popular destinations in Sumatra. It is also a convenient destination for nature lovers longing to set their foot in Sumatra. You can enjoy the Longtail and Pigtail macaques, Thomas Leaf monkeys, Langurs, Siamangs and, of course, the orangutans. It is a haven for around 5,000 orangutans; you can’t miss them. Besides seeing orangutans, you also have a long list of outdoor activities at Bukit Lawang.
- Adults/children: US$ 450/person
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star or equivalent)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Elephant washing at Tangkahan
- Elephant feeding at Tangkahan
- Elephant riding at Tangkahan ( 01 hours)
- Tubing at Tangkahan
- Full-day jungle trekking at Bukit Lawang
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as mentioned in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Camera licenses at the national park (1 camera per person)
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Handycam license ($12/video camera, subject to change)
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport of your hotel in Medan.
Day 1: Arrival In Medan
Upon arrival at the Kualanamu International Airport, you will meet our tour guide and transfer to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is up to you.
Day 2: Medan - City Tour - Tangkahan (B)
After breakfast, our tour guide will pick you up for a city tour around Medan, visiting the Sultan’s Palace, the Great Mosque of Medan, and the Chinese Temple. Then, we will drive to Tangkahan via Binjai and Batang Serangan. Upon arrival on Tangkahan in the afternoon, we will do a check-in at the hotel.
Day 3: Tangkahan - Elephant Safari + Tubing- Bukit Lawang (B)
After breakfast, we will walk to the elephant station, to quickly join the mahout (elephant trainer) to wash and feed the elephants. After feeding the elephant you can ride them to pass through the river and jungle. The ride will take about 1 hour, after which we will take a short rest. Then, we can enjoy tubing through the river and stop at the Fantastic Buluh Waterfall where you can shower yourself with it or swim in the river. We will continue to visit the nearby village in the afternoon, where you can get in touch with the locals. We can take a short rest at the guest house and then we will drive to Bukit Lawang by a 4X4 passing plantations and jungle roads. On the way, we will stop at the plantation and several interesting places such as a local school, where we can enjoy the panorama while witnessing the activities of the locals. Upon arrival at Bukit Lawang, we will do a check-in at our hotel.
Day 4: Full-day Leuser National Park Trekking (B, L)
After breakfast, we will start trekking the jungle to explore the rich nature and wildlife of Gunung Leuser National Park. There is a possibility to see orangutans in their own natural habitat, and other kinds of animals such as Thomas leaf monkeys, long tail macaques, gibbons, black gibbons, and other kinds of flora and fauna on this tropical rainforest. This full day trekking will finish in the afternoon.
Day 5: Bukit Lawang – Medan / Airport (B)
After breakfast, we will drive to Medan via Binjai. On the way, we will stop at a traditional market in Kuala. From Medan, we will proceed directly to Kualanamu International airport for your return flight.