This 5-day 4-night trip is the best LakeToba tour package if you want to cover Lake Toba, Berastagi Highland, and Bahorok in one go. Experience the largest volcanic lake and the wild Orangutan habitat of Sumatra. Highlights:
- Samosir Island
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Simarjarunjung Hill
- Bukit Lawang
- Gunung Leuser National Park
- Adults: US$ 550/person
- Children: US$ 490/person (aged 5-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star or equivalent)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as stated in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- Hot Spring Experience
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am
- Accommodation included is Sumatran standard guesthouses with western toilet and either shower or traditional wash with bucket and scoop, hot water available at certain times of the day.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport of your hotel in Medan.
Day 1: Kuala Namu Airport - Parapat (L/D)
Upon arrival at Kualanamu International Airport, you will meet our representatives. Then you will make a trip to Parapat where the journey will take about 4 hours via Pemantangsiantar – the 2nd largest city in North Sumatra and many rubber and palm oil plantations.
Day 2: Parapat - Samosir Island Discovery - Sipiso-Piso Waterfall & Tongging - Berastagi Highland (B, L, D)
This morning, we will take a ferry trip across the crystal clear waters of Lake Toba to Samosir Island – a large volcanic island that is located in the middle of Lake Toba and has claimed to be the fifth largest lake island in the world. The island is the center of the Batak Toba culture, and many of this people’s artifacts remain on the island. We will visit Tomok, a village of the Batak Tobanese to see their traditional roofed houses and the ancient stone tomb of King Sidabutar. Here, you will also find a good bargain of souvenirs made by the locals. Then, off to Ambarita, another village of Batak Tobanese where the ancient King’s house, courthouse, and the execution place have remained preserved. Afterwards, we will take ferry trip back to Parapat. Next, you will proceed our journey to Brastagi Highland. Enroute several visits i.e. to Simarjarunjung where you can sit and relax to enjoy the remarkable view of nature, Sipiso-Piso Falls - a splendor stream of water falling from a great height in Karo Highlands, and Tongging - to view Lake Toba from the top. Overnight at Berastagi.
Day 3: Berastagi Highland - Hot Spring Experience (Optional) - Medan City Tour (B/L/D)
This morning, you can enjoy the superb view of the two volcanoes, Mt. Sinabung and Mt. Sibayak. We will also visit local fruit market where you will have a chance to taste a variety of tropical fruit. It includes passion fruit, star fruit, pineapples, bananas, papayas, avocados, king of fruit “Durians,” etc. Then you will be enjoying our natural Hot Spring water (optional) – located at the foot of Mt. Sibayak. Afterwards, we are off to Medan and proceed for city tour where firstly we will stopover at Batik Shops for good product bargains (Batik Cloth is a cloth that traditionally uses a manual wax-resist dyeing technique and proudly worn by the locals on essential events) and Maimoon Palace Historic Building built in 1888. We will pass by the Grand Mosque and Kesawan Street. The street portrays the remaining original Dutch architecture such as Tjong Afie Mansion, Medan City Hall, and General Post office. You will also visit one of this city’s landmark namely the Granadi water tower that sends water in Medan.
Day 4: Medan - Bahorok / Bukit Lawang - Medan (B/L/D)
In the morning, enjoy the journey from Medan to Bahorok/Bukit Lawang via many palm oil plantations. It will take about 3 hours. Bukit Lawang of the Gunung Leuser National Park is part of the World Heritage Site and Tropical Rainforest - covering an area of over 7,000 km2 in the northern region of Sumatran Island. The national park protects a wide range of ecosystems including orangutans (visit The Orang Utan Sanctuary). Upon arrival, you will have free time to shop for local hand-made souvenirs along the beautiful stretch of the Bahorok River. You may also follow some of the options (with experienced local guide), such as tubing, rafting (mild grade-2 rapids), and Jungle Trekking for advanced trekkers (all on your expenses). Later on, we will take Sampan Boat to cross the Bahorok River to visit the Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center – their home where you can spot them roaming freely in their natural surroundings and see the park rangers feed the orangutans. NB: It is advisable for walkers to wear comfortable/sports shoes – you’ll be doing mild trekking to the feeding area.
Day 5: Medan - Kualanamu International Airport (B)
After breakfast, we will visit one of our local traditional markets where you can find fantastic bargains of souvenirs and local stuff. After that (Optional), you can try our famous Indonesian conventional massage. You will have free time again to explore one of the most visited places by the youngsters, Merdeka Walk. It is located directly across Medan City Hall with a lot of local favorite food and cafes. Depending on your flight schedule, you may still have time to also shop at one of the modern malls in Medan before transferring to Kualanamu International Airport for your return flight.