This Lake Toba tour will cover many things. They include Samosir Island, Batak king’s residence, stone chairs, Sipiso-Piso waterfall, Berastagi volcanoes, fruit and flower markets, the Buddhist temple at Lumbini Natural Park, Gundaling lookout, orangutan jungle trek, wildlife spotting, and hot spring baths. Highlights:
- Samosir Island
- Local Batak king’s residence (Raja Siallagan)
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Pematang Purba (traditional palace)
- Lumbini Natural Park (optional)
- Bukit Lawang
- Mount Leuser National Park
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Adults: US$ 941/person
- Children: US$ 931/person (aged 5-10 years)
- All taxes and handling charges
- Accommodations (3-star or equivalent, see notes below)
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance tickets
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) as in the itinerary
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Child rate applies when sharing with two paying adults only
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am
- Accommodation included is Sumatran standard guesthouses with western toilet and either shower or traditional wash with bucket and scoop, hot water available at certain times of the day.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In such event, we will offer you an alternative or full refund.
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport upon arrival, or your accommodation at 9 am. Book your flight to either Kualanamu International Airport or Silangit International Airport.
We will drop you off at Kualanamu International Airport or your hotel in Medan. If you fly back home, book the return flight from Kualanamu International Airport only.
Day 1: Arrival - Samosir Island (D)
Take a 5-hour drive from Medan (or just 2-hour from Silangit International Airport) in private car to Samosir Island on Lake Toba. Check in at the accommodation on Lake Toba. You have free time upon arrival at the hotel. Have dinner at the hotel.
Day 2: Samosir (B, D)
Today visit local Batak king’s residence (Raja Siallagan). Choose what you would like to do for the rest of the day (at your cost), e.g., walk around the local village or lake, hire a bicycle, visit museum and markets, or just chill out by the lake. The car and driver are available for your use. Optional activities include traditional dancing and Tomok markets. Your accommodation is by Lake Toba (standard accommodation.)
Day 3: Berastagi (B, D)
In the morning to drive to Berastagi. Stop at the magnificent Sipiso-Piso waterfall and a traditional Batak house and village on the way (Pematang Purba). Visit the Berastagi fruit and flower markets, Gundaling Lookout and hot springs when you arrive at Berastagi if there is enough time. Accommodation is at Berastagi (standard accommodation).
Day 4: Berastagi - Bukit Lawang (B, D)
Optional visit to Buddhist temple in the morning. Drive by private car to Bukit Lawang (slow drive, some roads with potholes 7 hours). Stay at a Bukit Lawang guesthouse (standard accommodation).
Day 5: Trekking at Bukit Lawang (B, L, D)
In the morning head off on half day (3 hours) orangutan jungle trek in Gunung Leuser National Park via rubber plantation for wildlife and orangutan spotting. Return via On the Rocks to buy a cold drink and lunch if you like. Come back through the village to have a look at the shops and souvenirs.
Day 6: Medan (B)
Leave today to drive to Medan airport or your hotel (hotel at your cost since the tour has ended). Visit Grand Mosque and Maimun Palace on the way if there is enough time.