This 8-day 7-night Lake Toba tour package covers the orangutans, the lake, Batak culture, and Medan city. Trek in the forest of Gunung Leuser National Park where you can see orangutans in their natural habitat. Afterwards, descend towards the river, raft back to Bukit Lawang and continue to Lake Toba. You have plenty of time to relax before you end this excellent 8-day excursion in Medan. Highlights:
- Bukit Lawang
- Mount Leuser National Park
- Mount Sibayak
- Samosir Island
- Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Tuk-Tuk Village
- Simanindo Village
- Ambarita Village
- Adults/Children: US$ 754/person
- All taxes and handling charges
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Overnight at hotels based on twin share bedroom
- Daily breakfast
- 1 x lunch & 1 x dinner during jungle trekking
- Local transportation (air-conditioned vehicles) and driver on day 1, 3 until 8
- English speaking guide
- Entrance and parking fees
- Permit and local guide to see the orangutans at the feeding area
- Permit & porter during jungle trekking
- Local guide during jungle trekking
- Tents (camps) in the jungle
- Permit and park ranger for riding an elephant it Tangkahan on day 4
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Ferry passes to and from Samosir island
- Driver/guide expenses
- An Indonesian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Porter to carry your luggage from airport to the accommodation
- 24-hour emergency contact number
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) not included above
- Video camera license fee at Bukit Lawang (US$ 12/handycam, subject to change)
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses (minibar, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- An adult must accompany children
- It is a private tour with a minimum of 4 participants
- If you require a pick up at the airport, please note your flight must arrive before 9 am
- Accommodation included at Bukit Lawang and Tangkahan is Sumatran standard guesthouses with western toilet and either shower or traditional wash with bucket and scoop, hot water available at certain times of the day.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- What to bring :
- Insect repellent
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled departure, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the departure. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, and a portion of the fees may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your accommodation in Medan.
We will drop you off at the airport or your hotel in Medan.
Day 1: Airport - Bukit Lawang (D)
Pick up at the airport, go to orangutans rehabilitation center in Bohorok/Bukit Lawang. Enjoy the afternoon free program.
Day 2 Bukit Lawang trekking (B, L, D)
Jungle trekking, cross the river by small wooden canoe and then take a short climbing through the tropical rainforest, in the afternoon we will camp in Jamur Batu, lunch and dinner will be served by your local guide and porter.
Day 3 - Bahorok - Tangkahan (B, L, D)
Return to Bohorok, drive to Tangkahan at another side of Mount Leuser, overnight in the simple lodge.
Day 4: Tangkahan (B, L, D)
Participate in bathing an elephant and riding the elephant for around 1 hour in the plantation and tropical rainforest of Sumatra (available every day except on Mondays and Thursdays), drive back to Medan and go to Brastagi, visit fruit market.
Day 5: Lake Toba - Samosir Island - Sipiso-Piso
Overlooking Mount Sibayak, continue the trip to Lake Toba and Samosir Island, Dokan, Sipiso-Piso Waterfall, Tuk Tuk Village, overnight around Lake Toba.
Day 6: Samosir Island
Visit Simanindo Village, Ambarita Village, Tomok.
Day 7: Medan
To Parapat, Pematang Siantar, Medan, go to Maimun Palace, The Grand Mosque, Chinese and Hindu temples, the old City Hall, Central bank, Asam Kumbang crocodile farm, overnight in Medan.
Day 8: Airport
Transfer to the airport.