Experience a one-day trip to Tangkahan, a breeding ground for wild elephants on a clean river in the Sumatra’s tropical forest. Bathe the elephant and ride it while roaming the jungle. Various kinds of trees and tropical forest vegetation combined with hilly land make Tangkahan not only an attraction but also a place to learn about nature, living creatures, flora and fauna, the rivers, waterfalls, hot water, valleys and even rare plants such as Rafflesia. Take your family and witness flora and fauna of North Sumatra. Highlights:
- Watch elephants bathing
- Ride the elephant
- Fun tubing activity
- Experience the beauty of Kupu-Kupu Beach
- Adults/children: US$ 85/person
- All taxes and handling charges
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop off
- Local transportation (air-conditioned)
- Entrance tickets
- Snacks and bottled water in the car during the trip
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Driver/guide expenses
- Free Wi-Fi onboard vehicles
- Airfare and visa
- Travel insurance
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Driver/guide tips
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned as being included
- We will send an email confirmation within 24 hours of your order
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- An adult must accompany children
- Miminum order is 2 pax
- Other people may join in the trekking to make up a small group
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this trip is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country are required for all participants at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you are arriving on the same day of the tour, make sure you book the flight to Kualanamu International Airport and arrive by 5:30 am.
- Trip duration: ± 11 hours
We will refund your payment that we have received in full (100%) if you cancel your order at least seven days in advance of scheduled arrival, 50% if you cancel it between three dan seven days. There is no refund if you cancel it less than three days before the arrival. Note that payments by credit cards are subject to charges, a portion of which may be non-refundable.
We will provide the name and contact details of the operator in the email confirmation.
We will pick you up at the airport or your hotel in Medan at 5:30 am or Tangkahan/Bukit Lawang at 8:00 am.
We will drop you off at your hotel in Medan, Tangkahan or Bukit Lawang.
- 05:30 Heading to Tangkahan from Medan/airport or
- o8.00 Leave hotel from Tangakahan/Bukit Lawang
- 09:00 Strolling around Tangkahan
- 09:30 Elephant bathing
- 10:30 Jungle trekking
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Enjoy Kupu-Kupu Beach
- 14:30 Tubing
- 16:00 Strolling around the waterfall
- 17:00 Return to hotel
Note: The itinerary may change depending on your departure point.